Well, I’m Nick. This site should have been nick.com- unfortunately Nickelodeon TV beat me to it, so it means I was not nick.com/ I started this site a 2004 to post photos of Deirdie (my wife) and I on holiday, and of us generally living it up in Edinburgh.
Later, somewhere in 2006 I started the blog because of Poppy, my daughter. When we were expecting her, with friends all over the world, this is the best way a nerd could think of to let people know how we are, and how plans are going without all of the phoning and emailing. Now with 2 children, I put updates and photos here to keep the family up to date.
So who am I? Well if you already know me then you don’t need to know, and if you don’t already know me then, well, you don’t need to know. Just accept I’m a bloke in Edinburgh, with a job, a wife, two kids and a computer.
Here’s some (less than interesting) things about me:
- I secretly hope The Goodies will one day reform.
- I’m still in love.
- I have way too many CDs, now packed in boxes, and ripped to my ipod.
- I listen to Radio 4- even ‘The Archers.’
- I want to be a cool Dad, and a grumpy old man, simultaneously.
- I once joined a circus.
- I once had a job where people tried to run me over 2-3 times a day.
- I did a degree at university, then never used it.
- I still can’t get used to asking for “heavy” not “bitter”.
- I can’t sit down when on the phone.